Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today I went to work at the Hollydell School. It is a school for children with physical and mental disabilities. I started working there about three years ago. The kids are great and it is a lot of fun. Everyone there treats me so great. It is a privilege to have this opportunity.I know not many people with my disability have the chance to work at all. I am very blessed that God has given me this opportunity. I work with children from about seven years old to about 14. They are always smiling and happy to be going to school. I get the chance to work with Felix, Robert, Max, Evan, Cashmere, Charles, Brian and William. My prayers and thoughts are with William and his family. I also got to meet my best friend Matt at the school. So this is an experience that I cherish and will continue working there while I am able to do so .I also miss the older kids across the street. I will get back there once the weather gets better. With the cold weather my fingers get cold and I'm unable to drive the joystick on my wheelchair.

No comments: